Sunday 22 February 2015

Diwali Gift Card Idea

This Diwali( Festival of Lights) card idea is one of the great gifts for your friends and family who celebrates Diwali. It's not that easy to do but it takes a lot of your time. I just had the inspiration to do for one of my good friend. The materials I used is inexpensive. here are the list of materials I used:
  • 0.1& 0.3 art line pen (fabercastle)
  • scissors 
  • mechanical compass
  • water colour- red, blue, purple and black
  • pencil
  • Pen knife/ paper cutter
  • water colour paper

Firstly, I cut out roughly an A5 size paper (it's all up to you how big or small you want your card to be) with a scissor and sketched out the shape of a peacock(it's also up to you what simple shape you desire to draw), then I used the cutter to cut out my peacock outline enabling the pattern inside the card to show through.


Next I drew a circle within a circle using a mechanical compass, there are no specific measurement to how much the distance of the gap between to circles. It's better to use pencil first for everything you do from the circles to the patterns. Then I just drew repetitive patterns in the gaps using 0.1 art line pen and to make your pattern bold, use 0.3 art line pen. You can Google to find a template of your desired pattern( just type Aztec pattern). This is optional, I finished it off by painting the empty spaces or background black using water colour or acrylic. 

After I've completed the inside of the card, I just slab some water colour on the cover of the card. And that's all to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment